Scow Bay Oven Fried Halibut as Grandma Used to Make It
- Three 12 oz fillets or steaks thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs or crushed crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dip fish into egg, & then into bread crumbs.
- Place fish into a shallow, well greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper/parsley.
- Sprinkle mixture of butter & lemon juice on fish.
- Bake @ 500 F until golden brown.
- Allow 5-6 mins for each 1/2" thickness/fish should flake easily when done.
-Captain Jim Bodding, Aleutian Isle