- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 6 halibut steaks (about 3 pounds total) parsley sprigs and lemon wedges
- Combine first eight ingredients to make a marinade.
- In a shallow pan, arrange the fishsteaks in one layer. Pour marinade over fish cover and marinate for one hour.
- Remove fish from the marinade and place on a greased broiling pan, broil, or grill, steaks 2 to 4 inches from the heat source for 10 minutes.
- Turn and baste with butter and remaining marinade. Continue broiling until fish flakes with fork.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
- Senator Slade Gorton