Halibut Fish Curry
- 3 lbs. Halibut Filets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 onions - chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 3-1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, chopped
- Wash fish, pat dry and cut into bit size pieces.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil; add onions, curry, paprika, salt and pepper and saute until almost dry, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add water, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish and cook slowly for 15 minutes; do not stir after adding fish.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
- Karen & Eric Olsen, F/V Lorelei II