- 1 pound halibut cut in bite-size pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound potatoes, cut in chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Clean halibut pieces. Soak in cold water until ready to use.
- In a large pot, about 6-quart, fry bacon and onions together add garlic. Now, add about 4 quarts water to the bacon, onion and garlic.
- Add potatoes, seasonings and halibut. Cook until potatoes are done.
- Add a little water to the flour to make a paste; add to the soup to thicken.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Cooking Alaskan