Jun 24 Sablefish Alrita
- Fillet small or medium sablefish or steak large sablefish 1" steaks.
- Leave skin on for cooking, eating skin optional.
- Rinse pieces.
- Marinate at least 2 hours in glass baking dish.
- Add Tamari, enough to cover bottom of dish (1/4 cujp approx.) (shoyu or soy sauce okay but not as flavorful at Tamari).
- Grate fresh or frozen ginger on fish while marinating - add fresh or powdered garlic to taste while marinating.
- Turn fish 2-3 times while marinating.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; Add 1/2 cup water before cooking.
- Bake (poach) approx. 20 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily.
- Garnish, serve, enjoy.
- Art and Mary Hodgins, F/V Alrita