Black Cod with Roasted Sweet-and-Sour Onions
- 6 6-ounce black cod fillets with skin
- 1/2 cup good quality sweet Sherry
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, flattened
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Pimenton de La Vera (Spanish smokes paprika)**
- Course Kosher Salt
- Roasted Sweet-and-Sour Onions (see recipe)
- Using sharp knife, make three 1/4 inch deep, 2-1/2 inch long diagonal cuts in skin of each fish fillet.
- Arrange fillets in single layer, skin side up, in 15x10x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour Sherry and 1/4 cup olive oil over; sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine butter and garlic in heavy medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat.