Baked Halibut Fillets or Steaks
4 to 6 pieces or fish (approx. same thickness)
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream (may use lite) and mayo
1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sliced (into rings) onion white,red and/or yellow
1 tsp dill spice
- Combine the sour cream, garlic, cheese and dill, set aside
- Put fish into a shallow baking dish like a glass pyrex dish or broiler pan bottom.
- Use the sour cream mix to "frost" the fish. With a knife, put the S.C. mix on the fish, both sides and top - as if you were frosting a cake. Lay the onion rings on top in a decorative pattern overlapping each other.
- Bake uncovered aprox. 20 min. at 400 f. Just until fish turns from transparent to white when cut into the deepest part. It will be moist, which is the idea.
- Serve with rice, broccoli and red pepper slices for the dressy look.
- Peggy McCartney, F/V Polaris